Tuesday 22 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #1 - Characters I Wouldn't Want With Me On A Deserted Island

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, where every Tuesday you list your top 10 in a certain topic. This week's topic was '10 Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island' but to avoid being too similar to everyone else, and rebel from society's norms, I decided to list the 10 characters I wouldn't want to live with. I know, it's bad of me but what can I say? I'm too hardcore to abide by the rules.

Oh the individuality


Jack from Lord Of The Flies
If you have read the book, you will realise that this young boy of around 10 has killed some three people on his stay at the deserted island. I wouldn't want to know what he would do to my desert island crew - yikes.

Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter
I realise that everyone will probably be aghast at the choice, but here are the reasons. I'm pretty sure he would start an argument with all of us 'muggles' and his hairspray fumes would probably kill everyone.

A mildly amusing meme

Gandalf from Lord Of The Rings
Bar Dumbledore (who seems like a bucket of fun) old wizards kind of bore me. If you are an elderly wizard why can't you just magic yourself younger again? It would sort the wrinkles out at the least.

Holden Caulfield from Catcher In The Rye
Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine. 

Gollum from Lord Of The Rings
He seems as if he would claim all of the resources as his own ... Plus he sort of creeps me out ...


Lydia Bennet from Pride and Prejudice
1. She's very annoying. 2. She's from like the Stone Age, so there would be a total culture clash there.

Snow White (and all 7 dwarves)
Snow White obviously thinks herself more highly than to listen to instructions - if we told here to not let Gollum steal anything, she would happily let him take all of our coconuts, oblivious to what we said. Plus, carrying 7 dwarves behind your back at all times is bound to get annoying.

Foxface from The Hunger Games
She says she's good with plants and knowing what to eat and all...and then she died because she ate poisonous berries. Sounds like someone who is telling the truth and has their life under control?

Macbeth from Macbeth
Err ... duhh he killed everyone. (well more or less...)

The Whole of the Twilight Cast
They can't even sort their relationship triangle out, plus one can't be in the sun, and one turns into a rather scary-looking werewolf - did they ever actually expect an invite from me?!


I would love to find out who your 10 people would be, that you would or wouldn't want with you! So comment your links in the description and I will check them all out!

12 comments:

  1. Your list is so much fun! I definitely chose Hermione over Draco... Though LotR is my favorite, I couldn't decide on a character I'd really want with me. Thanks for sharing!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Will check out your list now!

      Delete
  2. I like you're twist on the subject, plus I've been waiting to see a Lord of the Flies book.

    http://ouachitaya.blogspot.com/2014/07/top-ten-characters-i-would-want-with-me_21.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I would hate to share an island with about 90% of the boys from LOTF.

      Will go and check your list out now!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Haha, I love your list! The funny thing was I started looking at the people before I read the title that said "wouldn't want". I was mightily confused for a bit!lol I totally agree about Lydia. She's would be annoying in a deserted island.
    Here's out TT
    http://betweenyabookends.blogspot.com/2014/07/top-10-tuesday-4-deserted-island-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha!! Glad you enjoyed it! (And eventually worked it out!) Lydia would be mightily annoying and super bouncy - I don't think I could deal with that on an island!

      Will check out your list now! Thanks for stopping by Teenage Reviews!

      Delete
  4. Fun list. At first I didn't pay close enough attention to your title and was like "wait why would you want holden and draco on an island with you???"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love the twist you put on this! Yes, I saw Jack from the Lord of the Flies, and then I had to go up and read the whole '10 characters I wouldn't want on an island' part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe! Thankyou :) Really glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, this list is great - so much fun! :) I agree with you on quite a few of these, but I would definitely add Dolores Umbridge to my list - I can't stand that lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I would have to agree! Dolores Umbridge is extremely annoying, and I would hate to share an island with her!

      Delete