Tuesday 29 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #2 - Authors I Own The Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bloggish meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish in which we list our top 10 of a certain topic. This week's topic was 'Authors I Own The Most Books From' and so here it is (... in reverse order because again, I'm not conforming to society's norms #rebel):

4 Books.
I have 4 books by both Malorie Blackman and Pseudonymous Bosch (that name took a long time to write...). 

The Noughts And Crosses series, as of yet, I am enjoying and have a signed copy of Noble Conflict. 
I can literally feel your intense jealousy.

And the 'secret' series I used to read when I was younger; they were actually really good, and I love the titles, and front page of these books.





5 Books.
I don't know quite how this happened, or if it counts but I have 2 books of both Catching Fire and Mockingjay... And because Suzanne Collins is amazing, I decided to allow it as 5 so she could make the list.



I also have 5 books of the Skullduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy


6 Books.
I'm guessing these are by multiple authors?!


I also have 6 Rick Riordan books. Of which I have probably read 2...


13 Books & 3rd Place.
I have 13 Enid Blyton books from when I was younger. I used to be in love with these mysteries, and my best friend from ages ago bought me the Famous Five book. 


I also have another 13 books from another favourite childhood author - Lemony Snicket (or Daniel Handler, his real name)


15 Books & 2nd Place.
Robert Muchamore and the infamous Cherub and Henderson Boys series. I absolutely still adore these books, and am pretty sure I have read all of them 3 times each.

8 of the books are on my Kindle hence why there are only the 7 in this picture 


20 Books & 1st Place
I'm pretty sure that's some kind of record


Anthony Horowitz. 

My pre-teen writing hero for the StormBreaker series and his horror short-stories, these books have been read at least 5 times each, and remain in the coveted top shelf of the bookcase.




I would love to read your TTTs so comment below the links and I will be sure to check them out! 
Which author has the top shelf of your bookcase?

8 comments:

  1. These are EXCELLENT PHOTOS. I approve whole-heartedly. And good effort with 20 books, that's pretty awesome. I love all the Lemony Snicket books too...such pretty, pretty hardcovers... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha thankyou for the approval! :)

      The Lemony Snicket set used to be my favourite reading. And the MATCHING hardcovers make my life!

      Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Apparently I have missed out on Anthony Horowitz's books! I've seen them on shelves at the bookstore but never checked them out. I may just have to now. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lurv the Horowitz books so much! Would definitely recommended them to any soul on the planet!

      Thanks for stopping by and glad you enjoyed the list!

      Delete
  3. Your Snicket set is SO NICE TO BEHOLD. And ohh! I'd forgotten all about Muchamore's series. Not that I own any, but I binge read, like most of Cherub a few years back. Hehe. I was disappointed when the series veered away from James and Lauren though, so I kind of lost interest. But they seriously got to do some epic stuff. x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good set of hardcover books! Cherub is my easy-reading holiday series; I full out binge on those for the week, lying by the pool or on the plane! I do agree though once James and Lauren had grown up and left the campus, my interest in the books slowly declined.

      Delete
  4. +JMJ+

    Oh, I love the Alex Rider series!!! =D Or at least I did several years ago and probably have no right to say that I still do . . . You see, I bought the first four books in New Zealand, and they were a certain size, and all in British English . . . and then after that I moved and could only find the American editions. ("Point Blank," America? Really?) And I confess that that kept me from continuing the series. A few months ago, I found a British copy of Scorpia in a local used bookstore and snapped it up immediately, but I can't imagine I'll be lucky again with the next two books.

    I also have The Falcon's Malteaser but haven't started it yet. How would you say Anthony Horowitz's mysteries stack up against his Alex Rider books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love (well, much like you, loved...) the Alex Rider series, and I literally feel your pain! The book sets HAVE to match or I cannot go any further. Perhaps amazon would sell the books required (but it might cost a lot due to postage... :/) I thoroughly wish you well on your book hunt!

      I, really do like his horror, mystery type short-stories. They are just "light-hearted guilty-free easy reading" and although incredible in aspects, and I did thoroughly enjoy them, I have to give the point to the Alex Rider series on this one.

      The short-stories are fantastic though, and earn a definite recommend from me! I don't think they quite compare to the whole Alex Rider set, but I would give them a go if I were you! They are fast paced, witty, horror type mysteries and just a really light read.

      Another option for you, is the Cherub series - sort of like the Alex Rider in a sense, but slightly more mature and developed I would say!

      Delete