Monday 28 July 2014

E-Reader Review | Kindle Fire

My staple holiday pack is my Kindle Fire HD 7", and it always manages to secure a coveted place in my hand-luggage.


The Amazon tablet, not just allows you to read your favourite books, but also play apps, listen to music, and trawl through a plethora of assorted films and TV shows.

You can buy this device for a very cheap price of only 119 pounds, making me believe the buy is worth it.

Pros.
One of the biggest factors I look for in an E-Reader is whether or not it is easy to read on holiday, in the sun - and I think that once the brightness has been turned up, the device passes this test.

The HD is incredible. 

There is so much more to do than just read books on this device,  such as watching a movie, divulging into copious amounts of apps or listening to music.

There are so many books!

Extensive settings, and parental controls; and the whole device is very easy to use.

The speakers, for an E-Reader are fantastic.


Cons.
It seems as if Amazon are trying to plug their name everywhere and trying desperately to get you to buy content.


The device can be sluggish to turn on, and slow at times.

There are other devices (such as the iPad) with a wider range of apps to offer, but I suppose the point of the E-Reader is mainly the books.

The camera isn't fantastic.

Outlook.
I really like my E-Reader, and what can I say? It does the job. I know that there are more flexible devices out there, but the Kindle does what it is supposed to, and offers some fantastic other features. Furthermore, for such a cheap price, I would definitely recommend it!


Do you have an E-Reader?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have an e-reader. Most of my books I get from the library, so I don't spend money on books. I know that I could borrow e-books from the library, but I just love the weight of a book. Maybe I'm old fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love having an actual book to hold, and still buy copious amounts! However I just love the ease of an E-Reader to take on holiday, and in the car and so on!

      Delete