Friday 25 July 2014

Bookish Question Tag

What's better than bookish questions? Unnecessarily long lists of bookish questions! 

I first saw this list at The Notebook Sisters, but it is believed to have originated here.

The list originally consisted of 55 questions, but because I'm lazy and I know you wouldn't want to trawl through all 55, I condensed the list to just my favourite 27 questions!


1. Favourite childhood book?
The Tiger Who Came To Tea (a rather unusual subject looking back on it)  or any Dr. Seuss book ever.

2. What are you reading right now?
I have two books on the go at the moment: Noughts And Crosses by Malorie Blackman which I have heard great things about, and a rather impulse buy yesterday of The Shock Of The Fall by Nathan Filer.


3. Bad book habit?
Not giving books a chance, and putting them down in the first couple of chapters. In my defence, who really wants to read a boring book?

4. Do you have an E-Reader?
A Kindle Fire, my staple holiday pack.

5. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or multiple?
I would say that I could read 2 or 3 at once. Any more and my brain leaves my head.

6. Least favourite book you've read this year?
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe 
A tad extreme but still...

7. Favourite book you've read this year?
Easily The Fault In Our Stars, or Black Friday, or Ready Player One.

8. Do you usually read out of your comfort zone? What is it?
I would say I read a good variety of books, but my comfort zone is definitely dystopian type novels.

9. Can you read in the car?
Can you?

10. Favourite place to read?
Wherever and whenever.

11. Do you ever dog-ear or write in your books?
Who do you think I am?!

12. Favourite genre?
Dystopian - hands down.

13. Genre you rarely read but want to more.
I used to love reading thriller/horror type books,, and really want to get into them again.

14. Favorite biography?


15. Best reading snack?
Anything sweet.

16. Do you often agree with critics when it comes to books?
I usually don't agree with what the critics say. You know  - be different and all.

17. Most intimidating book I've read?
Probably something weighty like Dickens, or Austen. 

18. Most intimidating book I don't want to read?
I do not want to read The Lord Of The Rings. Persuade me if you want.

19. Favourite Poet?
Spike Milligan (and not just due to his pretty awesome name).


20. What distracts you most when reading?
The TV in the background. Weirdly, I can read and listen to music at the same time though.

21. Favourite film adaptation?
Probably Catching Fire (I liked the book the least out of the trilogy but the film was amazing) or The Fault In Our Stars.

22. Most amount of money spent on a book haul?
I have never really noticed how much I have spent, but  probably around the 40 pound mark.

23. How often do you skim your books before reading?
I don't like skimming as I always manage to read the most important twist of the book.

24. A book you have been avoiding?
Again, The Lord Of The Rings. I have seen the films and am not the biggest fan *sorry*. I don't really want to trawl through the novels.


25. Book you didn't except to like but did?
The Lord Of The Flies by William Golding. Wow this book is brutal.

26. Book you expected to like but didn't?
Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I wouldn't say I didn't like it but in my opinion it wasn't the best of reads.

27. Favourite 'easy' reading?
Anthony Horowitz.


Try answering the questions on your blog and then comment the link down below because I would love to check them out!

But for in the comments, who are your favourite poets, authors and people you read without much effort?

2 comments:

  1. I also don't give books a fair chance - I'm always putting things down and starting another book. It's one of my bad habits too!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to give them a fair chance in some cases, because the author made the opening rather dull!!

      Thankyou, really glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete