Wednesday 30 July 2014

Dusting Off The Shelf Read-A-Thon


I found this little read-a-thon a couple of days ago and jumped at the chance to participate. For one, the topic seemed perfect, as it gave me the excuse to read a few old and neglected reads. The idea is inspired. Also, it only lasted 2 weeks and for once I actually WASN'T LATE TO FIND IT! Plus, the host is only Books & Cleverness, one of my all time favourite blogs!

Who wouldn't want to give it a go?

Here is a post where she discusses the challenges:
And here is a post where she discusses the read-a-thon in general:

Challenges.


  • Read a book set in the past.
  • Read a classic.
  • Read a book written before 2010.
  • Read at least 100 pages a day.
  • And of course…the books must be neglected by you!



MY UTTERLY SPLENDIFEROUS TBR.


  • Read a book set in the past: Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger
  • Read a classic: I'm gunna have to pitch for The Great Gatsby by F. Scott. Fitzgerald. My sister literally raves about this novel... and I know it's shameful of me to say I have not read or watched it.
  • Read a book written before 2010: The Maze Runner by James Dashner. This is the same choice as Emily's, purely because the film is coming out so soon and I need to read it before then. Also my brother raves about this ... we have a very raving family.



I would really love it, and I am sure Emily would too if you could participate in the read-a-thon!
I shall keep you posted on my progress through here and twitter using the hashtag: #dustingofftheshelf 

So what have we achieved in this post? We have learnt of my raving family, my lack in organisational skills when it comes to books as this post is a day before the reading starts, and the shame of me using the word splendiferous in a title.

I'm just that awesome.

Probably the best gif I have ever seen.



3 comments:

  1. Oooh, a read-a-thon! I love read-a-thons. I've only done one (and failed miserably), but they're awesome.

    Great choices for the challenges! I didn't care for Catcher in the Rye when I read it in high school, but it wasn't horrible. I hope you like it! I haven't read The Great Gatsby either, and I kind of don't want to for some reason. I do, but I don't. I've heard that The Maze Runner is pretty good, but not to bother with the rest of the series.

    Good luck with the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first one! I saw this and had to give it a go; the theme is just perfect (gives me an excuse to read ...)

      I really want to read The Great Gatsby, just because of how it's a supposed amazing novel.
      And also I have heard similar things about The Maze Runner, but with the film coming out, I feel as if I am morally obliged to read it.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed 'The Great Gatsby' and I am a big classic books fan. I'm sure you'll like it :) Nice post!

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete