Sunday 27 July 2014

Love The Little Things | Week 1


Love the Little Things is a weekly blog meme hosted by But Why Mummy Why (I first found it here, by Me, Bookshelf and I) in which we appreciate the little things that have made up our week.

Read.

The Shock Of The Fall - Nathan Filer
And Noughts and Crosses - Malorie Blackman

Watched.

Film-wise: Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes,

And you can read the review of that here.

TV-wise: Nothing in particular ... the Hell's Kitchen finals, Big Brother, the Commonwealth Games, a few re-runs of How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory.



Heard.

I am raving about the album X (Multiply) by Ed Sheeran at the moment, and have heard every single track copious amounts of times... it's almost an obsession.

Also George Ezra's new album 'Wanted On Voyage' is pretty darn incredible.


Played.

I am now a master at MarioKart 8. You're all jealous.


Wore.

I have practically lived in my chino shorts this summer. I have a fair few pairs (namely 7), with a good mixture of pastel and bright colours. They tie in with any outfit and are perfect summer wear in my mind.

A few of my favourite colours. Going down they are:
Mint Green
Light Grey
Coral





And due to the adversely sunny weather here in the UK at the moment, I am also loving my SuperDry Sunglasses.


And.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and instagram it.


I want to know what you've been reading this past week? Any decent recommendations?

If you want to join the tag, just post on your blog and link to Butwhymummywhy; also comment the posts down below so I can check them out too!






4 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this meme/tag before! It's quite a good idea! XD I don't listen to a lot of music (I'm insanely strange like that) but I will ALWAYS adore Ed Sheeran's I See Fire. That gets stuck in my head, just the chorus, and gah, I just love it. That cover of The Shock of the Fall is also awesome. And OF COURSE you instagram your lemons. That's the natural conclusion. I only just go on instagram and realised I'd fallen prey to it in full because I had a cup of coffee and thought, "Hey, this needs be photographed with a book!" Yup. *facepalm* Welcome to instagram. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the tag a couple of days ago and thought that I had to give it a try!! I just love how the titles work as apposed to a meme like 'Stacking The Shelves' this one just goes a little deeper.

      I See Fire is probably in my top 5 tracks from X - you seriously need to listen to Runaway/Take It Back! They are just SO amazing!

      Well I ran out of limes, so I thought that the lemons would appreciate appearing in an Instagram photo - haha xD

      Delete
  2. Love it when new people find #littleloves and join in. I'm so nosey, I really enjoy everyone's posts!
    I'm really enjoying George Ezra's album, keep having to stop myself from putting a track up on my blog every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! I'm really glad you enjoyed the blog - the tag is just perfect!

      George Ezra's new album is literally my life at the moment! How you manage to stop yourself from putting a track up every week is sheer will power!

      Thanks for checking it out and thanks for the awesome tag!

      Delete